Taking the plunge into technology & what your coffee says about you

Happy Wednesday!

Ta-Da…here it is!

I finally went ahead and got an iPhone! Yup, that’s right! Up until yesterday I did not have a smart phone. I needed to upgrade and was able to upgrade to an iPhone 4 for $.99!!!! That works for me. The lady at the store was super helpful and she also helped me look at my plan and find a cheaper one. It is so nice to go to a store and work with helpful, friendly people!!!

Of course, since we had a bunch of errands to run, a slurpee was a must!

IMG_0007

Yesterday’s run was an easy 7 miles at an 8:36 pace. Today I did a 25 minute steady state run at lactate threshold pace….or close. I am basing my lactate threshold pace on previous race times to be about 6:58-7:01. I did a 2 mile warm up, 25 minute run (3.6 miles) at a 7 minute pace and a 2 mile cool down. My first mile was 8:49 and at this point I was thinking there was no way I was going to be able to do this workout today. I have a cold and have not been sleeping the best and I was seriously doubting whether I could do this. Mile 2 was 8:01…okay, maybe it won’t be that bad.

Once I got going it wasn’t that bad at all, and I felt really good when I was done. The cooler temps in the morning have for sure felt nice!

I have been doing some research on different workouts and pacing myself and am excited to try some new workouts.Β  I have never had much trouble getting a run in, but most of my runs have been determined by what I feel like doing that day :)..(which can be nice). This training cycle I am trying to be more specific in my training and follow a plan.

I got an email yesterday about discount hotels for my Oct marathon!!!!!! It got me excited!!!!

I also found this and LOVED it!!! It tells me I am an ice cream lover; and that I am!

coffee

Is there anyone out there that does not already have a smart phone?—I am not expecting a yes on this one πŸ™‚

Cherry vs blue raspberry slurpee?….which do you prefer?

Do you follow a plan or run based on how you feel?

What does your coffee say about you?

Comments

My husband has the original iphone and he only has that because he busted his old flip phone and got his mom’s old phone. haha! It basically doesn’t operate as a smart phone because it’s so outdated.

Cherry slurpee…I do not like raspberry anything.

If I’m training with a goal in mind I follow a plan. If I’m training for fun, I run how I feel.

Looks like I’m the double espresso type of person. Sounds about right. πŸ™‚

Happy training you speedster.

ha! My husband has the orginal iPhone too!!! That is only because it was $.99 when he needed to upgrade. He is due to upgrade pretty soon though and will be able to get an iPhone 4. We just have such a hard time spending SO much money on phones!!! I checked out your blog and it looks really fun! I am going to read more later but I lov ethe story of you and your husband! We were also married pretty young…I was 20 and we have been very happily married for 13 years! I noticed that you did some races in Kansas City…that is where my marathon is in Oct!!!!
      Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

• says

Oh yay! Yea, my friend Stuart looked into doing that marathon. He is going to fly out here for the Cape Cod Marathon instead. πŸ™‚ I mean, it’s his 1st one so I told him to go all out. Plus he gets free room and board so it’s not even going to cost that much really. ha! I love that we have so many similarities. I just wish I had caught the running bug sooner. Oh well, you live you learn. I look forward to keeping in touch and reading more.

That sounds like an awesome marathon! I have relatives on the east coast and would love to do a marathon there someday! I have been running for awhile but just started racing within the last 3 years. I have also just started connecting with other runners through blogs! I found myself having so much to say in comments on other people’s blogs that I just started my own. It has been a lot of fun getting to know other runners!

My best friend doesn’t have a smart phone. I love her to death for it. I remember the days when I actually had to go on my computer in order to check my e-mail, I kind of miss it! Ha Ha!

I hear the iPhone 6 is coming out at the end of September!

I feel like they just came out with the iPhone 5! It is nearly impossible to keep up. Or remember when the cell phone was this massive thing that you could put in between the front seats!!! :). Thanks for stopping by and commenting!