A race on the calendar!!!!!

motivated

It’s time to get motivated!!!!!! šŸ™‚

Today’s run was 7 miles at an 8:05 pace and I have a race on the calendar! I decided to go with a half marathon. It is the Garden Spot 1/2 Marathon in Lancaster PA on April 12th. Part of me really wanted to do a marathon this spring, but I just don’t feel ready. I have not run anything longer than 8 miles in a while and there is just not enough time. The fact that this race is going to be hilly affected my decision too :). I also have my eye on a 5k March 15th…but we’ll see.

Not only am I motivating myself, but my kids signed up for the kids marathon :)! My older daughter Alyssa is super excited because the kids marathon is on Friday night the 11th….this just happens to be her birthday!

So this afternoon we did .75 miles to get their training going!

So now it is time to add some speed back into my training and see what I can do!

It was SO nice to see the sun out today and the temperature going up!!!!! The possibility of seeing 60 by the end of the week is so exciting!!! I forgot to mention my find yesterday….there is a Road Runner Sports store about 40 minutes from our house! Yay!

Whose weather is warming up??? What race are you training for?

Comments

Yay for your upcoming half! & so cool that your kids are signed up for the kids marathon šŸ™‚
    I’m thrilled over the weather here as well- so ready for this snow to melt!

I am excited and my kids really like doing races…they really just like getting t-shirts and working towards a goal šŸ™‚

Sometimes it can be tricky to find the right race at the right time for sure. I wanted to do another marathon but I am just not prepared enough and I think it would end bad :)…I respect the distance too much to just go for it! I really want to try to get my speed back down and go for the 1/2! This one might be too hilly to expect a PR….but I will train for it šŸ™‚

Oh that would have been SOOO fun!!!! Too bad there isn’t a 10k!!!! Yes, we just moved to Westminster, MD…it is just under 1 1/2 away. It looks like such a fun race! I love the kids marathon too!!!! Let me know if you decide to stop by for sure! šŸ™‚

2. Melanie says

I’m starting this season with a Tough Mudder :/ I’m a little intimidated, but we have a huge group from work doing it!

Ahhhh!!!! A Tough Mudder!!! Way to be adventurous :)!!!! I can’t wait to hear about it? When is it? You will have a blast…I know it!!!!!