Let me just start out by saying 3 things
1. “Frozen” was great! Totally worth watching a movie on a school night for :)!
2. Warm weather…I am actually begging you!!!…have mercy on us please :)! Today’s run was 7 miles in freezing drizzle…not all that fun…but happy I did it!
3. I actually do not really like eggs. I am not allergic and I do eat things with eggs in them, but I am not a fan of just an egg…but my family likes them so I have some recipes for them.
First, this recipe makes hard boiling eggs a snap! I LOVE it actually and they turn out great!!!
1. Who knew you could make hard-boiled eggs in the oven!!!
bowl of ice water
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
Place your eggs into each muffin tin cavity.
Once your oven comes to temperature, bake for 25-30 minutes.
Remove eggs from muffin tin with tongs and place immediately into a bowl of ice water.
Crack and peel immediately under the water or store unpeeled eggs (once out of the water) in the refrigerator for a few days.
2. Egg Fritatta
1/3 cup milk
½ medium onion, diced
5 slices turkey bacon, chopped
1/3 cup feta cheese
1 cup spinach, chopped
Pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 and spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, add bacon and onion and cook until bacon begins to brown. Add in chopped spinach, and cook until just wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a bowl, beat eggs with milk and add feta cheese. Once spinach mixture has cooled, stir into beaten eggs. Pour into muffin pan, filling 2/3 of the way full. Baked 25-30 minutes until center is firm. Enjoy!
3. Super Yummy scrambled eggs
1/3 c 1/2 and 1/2, heavy cream, milk or almond milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
a few dabs of cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheese
butter or coconut oil
- Crack your eggs into a bowl.
- Whisk eggs until all yolks are broken and well blended.
- Pour in half & half and add salt & pepper to taste; whisk well.
- Add dabs of cream cheese. Don’t try to whisk any more.
- Melt butter or coconut oil in pan over medium-low to low heat. Pour in egg mixture. Using knife or whisk, spread out cream cheese dabs so they aren’t all clumped together. Let set for a minute or two.
- After eggs have set; stir ONE time. Just once. This is very important! Over-stirring scrambled eggs is the mistake most people make. The LESS you stir them, the fluffier and better they will turn out.
- After another minute, stir ONE time, then add shredded cheese. Wait another minute then stir once more. Lower heat if necessary.
- Wait another minute then flip eggs upside down to make sure they are evenly cooked. Cook for about one minute longer and they are done! Remove from heat and enjoy
4. Such a cool idea!!!!
Take the scrambled egg recipe from above and pour it into your waffle maker!!! I have never tried this, but it sounds cool!
Great fast breakfast idea! …….. Broiled Eggs: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly butter a muffin tin & put one egg per well. Add salt, pepper & any seasonings you like. Broil for about 10 minutes (a little less if you like the yolk runny). Eat up!
6. This is just plain awesome!!!! I love it too much not to add it!!!!
Any egg fans out there? What are your favorite things to do with eggs?
Anyone else suffering from bad weather syndrome :)?