All the races!!!

Nothing motivates in my training more than signing up for races!!!!

racing

I love this :)!

So, here it is….a tentative race schedule:

March 14th- Westminster Celtic Canter 5k- Westminster, MD

AprilΒ  4th- Movie Madness 1/2 Marathon- Mount Wolf, PA

May 9th- Richmond 13.1- Richmond, VA- this is the only one that I am not sure about. If I had unlimited race funds I would totally do it, but it is almost 3 hours away so I would need to go the night before.

racing1

May- 30th- Zooma Annapolis 1/2 Marathon- Annapolis, MD. SO excited to be an ambassador for this race!

June13th- Kiwanis 10k- Crofton, MD

Possibly the Bird in Hand Half Marathon in September and then…

Nov- Richmond Marathon!!!!!! I LOVED this marathon! Blankets at the finish is a sheer genius idea!!!!

Now ready for this CRAZY (I mean this in the nicest way possible) news…..

My husband is going for a 50k!!!!!….a trail 50k!!!!

trail

I have always thought, and continue to think, that it would not be possible for me to move my foot and farther than 26.2 (or 26.4 in reality) miles.

I think anyone who does it is just crazy……in the you are SO amazingly awesome kind of way!…and a trail race….trails are just tough!

So, I am excited for him and can’t wait to cheer him on!!! He is waiting to hear if he made it into one race (he will know tonight) and if not he has another in mind. One is in March, the other in Feb!

There it is, the race schedule….now time to train!

Speaking of training, I did my first speed work since before my November marathon on Monday. It went as well as could be expected :). Picking up speed work after a break is just rough. I assume it is similar to picking up running after an injury. You wish you could just pick up where you left off, but you can’t!

I did a descending ladder:

1600m –Β  6:25

1200m – 6:35 pace

800m – 3:13

400m – 1:31

What is your race schedule like?

Have you ever done an ultra?

Would you want to?

Trails runs…yes or no?

Comments

1. Jen says

Are you really?!!!! AWESOME!!!!! Anyone who can go any farther than a marathon is officially a super hero to me :). Maybe by then I will have tips for you from watching my husband do it :). I ran Zooma last year and really loved it…this is my first year doing it as an ambassador πŸ™‚

Love that “smile, you signed up for this” sign πŸ™‚
    I’m unsure about the idea of an ultra myself. Sometimes I think it’d make a great bucket list goal, but other times I just think no- too dang far! I hope your hubby got in! I think it’d be pretty fun to spectate at an ultra.

Yeah I’m the same way….it sounds pretty cool. It is a totally different kind of race especially being a trail one, but it just seems FAR. I am pretty done after a marathon :), but this isn’t road racing either so it’s just different πŸ™‚

This whole post is seriously getting me so excited for both of you! I love planning a race schedule that is filled with possibility – and that’s what you’ve both done. I cannot believe your husband is going for an ultra!! Not sure if I would ever attempt one but I’ve learned to never say never πŸ™‚

πŸ™‚ I LOVE planning races too!!!! I can’t believe it either…I think it’s awesome! Agreed, never say never :). I was totally only doing 1 marathon and no more….6 marathons later πŸ™‚

Woah! That is so exciting that your husband’s going to run an ultra!! I have done very little trail running (kinda tricky when you live smack bang in the middle of a big city) but when I have run trails I’ve LOVED it. Ultras, however, are something I always kind of sort of think about but are still too scary to really consider.

6. Jen says

The only trail running I have done is a flat trail. I did it for almost all of my long runs last training cycle and I LOVED it. I totally agree, the sound of an ultra is so awesome but so scary!!!!