The decision is made & 15 amazing years!!!

I spent a few days last week going back and forth on which marathon I was going to run. There were positives and negatives to both Richmond and Baltimore. I also had several times where just scratching a fall marathon all together crossed my mind.

But…..

Richmond it is! I am so thankful for amazing friends in the running community that came to the rescue (thank you, thank you, thank youย Emma).

richmond

So it is T- just under 6 weeks and counting!!!

Last week I had an amazing week of running. I already talked about my run on Wednesday in my last post. It could not have gone better. I then raced a 5k on Friday night and won overall female, and Saturday I ran my longest training run (22 miles) of this training cycle. Friday was the first night race that I have ever done. I thought I would really like it…not so much! I am glad I did it, and it was fun, but I am not a fan of night racing! This is what Friday and Sat looked like:

Friday- 2 mile warm up and 5k (20:32)

Saturday- 22 miles 7:45 pace. I did 7 miles in the middle @ around 7:05 pace and 2 at the end @ 7:15 pace. Those last 2 were HARD!

This week has been a completely different story. Every run this week was a struggle, but I will save that for tomorrows post.

This week was an amazing week for my husband and I as we celebrated 15 tears of marriage on Tuesday!

marriage

I usually have the hardest time coming up with gift ideas for him. but I was super excited about this gift (thank you PINTEREST)!!! I gave him a date basket filled with 15 envelopes with a card in them that had a date planned on each. Some of the cards had gift cards for the place where the date was to or small gifts that went with the date. He LOVED it!!!

Here is what a few of the cards looked like:

God has blessed me with such an amazing husband who I love, respect, and admire so very much. He encourages me and inspires me. The love that he has for God and for others motivates me to be a better person. He has seen the best in me and the worst in me, and has stood by me every step of the way. He is an amazing dad to our girls. There are really no words to say how much he means to me and how thankful I am for him and for our marriage. These 15 years have gone by so fast! I look forward to spending another 15+ years together and seeing all that God has for us!!!

marriage4

104_8059

Hope you all had a great weekend!!!

There were a lot of races this weekend…if you raced how did it go? If not do you have one coming up?

Have you ever run a night race? Which do you like better?

If you are married, how longย  has it been?

Comments

Richmond was good to you, so I can see why you chose it again ๐Ÿ™‚
    I don’t think I’d like a night race! It would be on my mind all day, and in general, I don’t like running at night because you just can’t see as well. What if there’s a pothole? (Which I hope there wouldn’t be on a race course:) )
    Nice job on your 22 miler with the changing (& speedy) pace!
    Happy Anniversary to you & your husband!

I really loved Richmond :). It wasn’t so much that the night race was on my mind, probably because I did not have a lot of pressure going into it, but it was more that I had been drinking water all day to hydrate for my long run so it goes without saying that was not comfortable. The roads actually weren’t the greatest now that you mention it!!! I felt bad for the race director too (I know him). He had 2 volunteers not show up and one was a police officer he had directing.

Wow, that was a blazing fast 22 miles for you! Great long run. And CONGRATULATIONS to you and your husband! 15 years is really something to celebrate ๐Ÿ™‚ The date idea for each year of marriage is really cute, too.

My husband and I have been married for 3 1/2 years. Seems like a long time to us, but it’s only the beginning! Having our two little ones has made the years fly by… and perhaps erased the part of my brain that remembers my pre-marriage days?!

A godly husband is truly a blessing from the Lord!

You are doing great with training and can’t wait to see you have another awesome race at Richmond this year! Also congrats on 15 years!!!

Just beautiful Jen!!
    What sweet and wonderful words about your husband!! Happy Anniversary to you both and those dates looks like so much fun!!!
    So excited about Richmond – I was hoping you would go for it!! You are ready, you will ROCK it!!! xo

Happy Anniversary! We just had our 9 year anniversary! It’s getting harder to think of gifts too, we don’t make a big budget for it so this is an awesome idea! Yay for Richmond, I think it’s a good choice. I really want to do this one someday!

• says

Thanks. We really don’t make a big budget for this either, so this worked out perfect! It was for the most part things that we would probably do anyways or things that were free like going for a hike…it is just fun to have it planned. There were a few things that maybe we wouldn’t have already done, but I found those ideas on Groupon so I got awesome deals!!!!