Just in case you thought….

Just in case you were thinking that I dropped off the face of the planet, I didn’t. Life just happens. Things have been so busy for me and I just have not made time for my blog.Β  I know there are people way busier than I am that are able to blog regularly, so I am following the busy excuse up with I just haven’t made time for it.

I will be honest, the thought has crossed my mind to quit writing my blog. I feel like IΒ  really have not had that much to write about, and does anyone really care about how many miles I run or what my training looks like?

BUT….I really do enjoy blogging. I love connecting with other runners. I love the people I have been able to meet through my blog. I love following the training of other runners, so maybe there are some who enjoy following my training (maybe not, but that is ok). I love being able to encourage someone else through my blog. I have also had some great opportunities because of my blog. To make a long story short, I am not ready to give it up. I just might not be a consistent poster either, but hopefully you will stick with me.

The last couple of weeks have been the last push in my training before the taper. I officially have less than 2 weeks to go!!!!

For the most part my last key workouts have been right on! The only exception was this past Saturdays long run. It was 14 miles at around an 8:00 min pace. My body was just not having it and I decided not to push for it. It ended up being 13.5 miles (I ran out of time so had to end early) at an 8:25 pace.

Here has been what the the end of my training has looked like. I almost didn’t list each workout, but sometimes it helps to see all of someone’s training. Sorry about the long catch up.

This also included a quick road trip to IL for a conference.

Sat 10/17- 16 miles 8:12 pace

Sun 10/18- 8.5 miles 8:14 pace. I usually take off Sunday but we were traveling the next week so I switched it up.

Monday- Off- travel to IL

Tues- 8.3 7:52 pace. I got to do this run with a great friend on a trail…SO fun!!!

Wednesday- 6.5 miles @ 7:55 + 3 miles with a friend. We went nice and slow and talked the whole time…about 10:30 pace

Thursday- 9.25 @ 8:08 pace

Friday- Off- travel back and my daughters last volleyball game

Sat- Last 20 miler!!!! – 7:32 pace. This run was awesome!!! (7:58, 7:47, 7:59, 7:50, 7:33, 7:33, 7:44, 7:46, 7:47, 7:40, 7:36, 7:13, 7:22, 7:23, 7:15, 7:16, 7:18, 7:15, 7:11, 6:59)

leaves

Sun- off

Mon 10/26- 8 miles @8:45

Tues- 11 miles @ 8:12

Wed- 7 treadmill miles @ 9 minute pace

Thurs- 3 warm up, 4 speed @ 6:20 pace, 1.5 c/d. I actually ran a 5k PR in this run!!!! 19:39

Fri- 5 @ 8:48

Sat- 13.5 miles @ 8:25. This run was hard!

Mon- 7.5 @ 8:08

Tues 11/3 4.25 @ 8:46

And here we are!!!!! 10 days away!!!!! No more long runs left. Nothing super hard on the schedule. My husband leaves on a mission trip to the Philippines on Thursday so I have been helping him get ready for that. I am excited and nervous at the same time!!!

Here is just a little of our fall pumpkin fun πŸ™‚

Happy Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is loving fall?!!!

If you just ran a race how did it go? Congrats to all who ran NY!!!!!! You are all awesome!

Anyone else in taper mode?

Β

Comments

Busy isn’t a bad thing, neither is stepping away to prioritize other things sometimes πŸ™‚

Way to wrap up training with a bang! Do you have a goal for the race?

Let me just say that I don’t care how often you post, but please keep posting!! You are so motivating to me and I love reading your training logs as they are usually in line with mine! That said, I hope you have a much better marathon then I did – I just know you will. That last 20 miler is off the charts amazing!! You are ready!!!

You are so awesome :). Thanks! I am planning on keeping my blog. You are definitely one of those people I am so glad I have “met” through my blog and can’ t wait to meet in person! You are super motivating for me too, I love reading about your training!
      I know your marathon was not what you hoped for, but it just have to say you did amazing and should be so proud! You put yourself out there, worked hard, and went for it and that is inspiring! I have had my fair share of races that didn’t go like I trained for, but just keep at it! πŸ™‚

Thank you so much!!! I love reading your blog too and hopefully one of these days we can meet up at a race or something :). We just took my in laws to DC on Tuesday. It was such a beautiful day! I have to admit we saw tons of runners out in DC and it totally made me want to run :)!

Jen, I hope you keep your blog!! I love reading your posts and I relate so much with your training. You are rocking this cycle!!! I am so excited for you – you are ready!!
    I knew 2 months ago you were ready and I hope you can look back at your training and have utter confidence, because you have put in such great work!!
    You inspire a lot of runners – keep it up!!!
    PS: kudos to you for the 7 miler on the treadmill!! It is so hard for me to run on the treadmill. 4 miles feels like 14 to me πŸ™‚

Thanks πŸ™‚ you are so sweet. I am going to keep my blog, I just might not be consistent :). I love the people I have gotten to know from blogging! :).
      No matter how the race goes I am happy with this training cycle and the hard work that I put it. Even when races don’t go like we hope for I don’t think the training is in vain.
      I am with you 100% on the treadmill!!! I was thinking an easy 7 on the treadmill would be easy, but it felt like an eternity! I like that I have the treadmill as a last resort, but it is definitely a last resort!

Girl, I am right there with you. I feel this internal pressure to keep up with it, but I’m kind of at a loss right now. I feel like I’m not coming up with anything unique and should I keep pushing? But I love this community and am not willing to give that up, so looks like I’ll stick around for a while πŸ™‚ Enjoy the taper!